Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

S'not cool!

Incessant sniffing.  On the train.  I think it's up there with pretty much everybody's pet peeves.  I mean, come on... invest 35p in a pack of tissues, for goodness sake!  And although it's gross, if you have to, buy a hanky.  Whatever you choose to wipe your nose on, I don't really care, as long as it's not me and as long as the drip is not left dangling, waiting for a violent sniff to pull it back up to where it came from.  Over and over and over again. 

It drives me insane.  Winter is obviously the worst for snot-filled sniffers, especially when you're on a packed train every day.  I have been known to offer a tissue to a snotty stranger - isn't it better to offer someone a tissue than have to sit for an hour, listening to the content of somebody's left lung forcefully ebbing and flowing?  Gross.

I recently didn't quite name, but definitely shamed this guy on my Facebook page.  I watched as he dug for diamonds - and by that, I mean a full on, index finger right up in there, dig around - inspected the offensive gem and then proceeded to wipe it on the pole.  Yes.  That's right.  Who does that?!  I was so grossed out that after swallowing down the gag reflex, I retrieved a tissue from my bag and leaned over the aisle to give it to him.  He looked at me strangely and I was then forced to say 'Wipe what you just did off the pole, that's disgusting!'.  He feigned ignorance for a split second, then used the tissue to wipe the offending article off the pole where someone else's hand would imminently be placed.

So if you see this guy on the tube at any point, make sure you have your sterilising gel with you.  Mr Tie Man... you suck!  You're gross and I hope you fall face first into a cow pat sometime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment