Pages

Thursday 12 June 2014

A change is all I needed!

It's been a few months since I made what seemed to me to be a radical decision. I've always thought about looking for a job closer to home, but I never really put much effort into it. That was because I loved my job. I loved my role, I love my work friends (still love them to bits!) and I truly loved going to work, even if it meant sitting for 4 hours on trains every day. Circumstances after that - and completely by my own doing - meant that I found myself in a role that was incredibly unsatisfying. I learnt a few years ago that there is far more to life than sitting at a desk, spending every day in a job that doesn't test you.

It has been a month today since I started my new job around the corner from home and I can honestly say that I feel more relaxed than I have done in years - and I didn't feel particularly wound up before! I now have the luxury of time - time to sleep in, time to walk Lucy in the mornings and time to take a leisurely drive to the office. Time to get home when it's still light, time to cook and time to spend time with Dave in the evenings. Whereas before my week was dictated by train schedules, there are now no timetables to stick to and I'm loving it! Add to that the fact that I am once again doing what I truly love to do and it's a winning formula.

I won't lie, this has been an amazing year for us and I touch a lot of wood saying that. If no other good things happen this year, I can honestly say that I'm happy with my lot in 2014. It's been a truly fantastic year so far and it's only June.

The saying is that a haircut is as good as a holiday, well in my case, a holiday and new job have literally turned my life around for the better. Long may it continue!


1 comment:

  1. I actually gave up work last year-not as a permanent thing but for a couple of years (maybe) and the difference it has made to my overall feelings-it's just amazing! I have no money but I feel so much better for it. It sounds like you have made the right decision too!
    Be well
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete