Pages

Thursday 12 May 2016

Decisions, decisions...


The title of this blog post seems like it's going to be a deep and meaningful one, but it's not.  I just read something today that I loved and I've gone back to it over and over again... not because I have any burning decisions to make, but because I love the simplicity of the instruction.

"If you are ever stuck choosing between two things, simply flip a coin.  Not because it chooses for you, but because for those few seconds that the coin is in the air, you know what you are hoping for."

Sounds pretty simple, right?  It seems a good way to alleviate the stress of decision-making.  Put all your faith in a coin... and for a few seconds, the power of your own mind and heart.  Isn't that the typical power struggle though?  Heart vs mind.  

I'm going to try to remember to apply this simple logic next time I'm stuck and see which one screams the loudest.

By the way, I have no idea who authored this, so kudos to whomever it is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment